Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Another Beautiful Country: Kenya

It's been over a month and I still haven't written about the more than incredible journey to Kenya we took in April. I'm writing this on a very rainy Tuesday morning in Uganda. I love the sound of rain, but it means no class for SWB since both our students and coaches walk long distances (sometimes up to 3 miles one way) to attend programming. Instead of being sad that it's another day I won't see my students before I leave (I'll leave that sob post for the next one), I'm attempting to be productive with the sounds of rain and Needobreathe in the background. I won't bore you with every detail of the safari, but I will show some pretty great pictures that we captured. Jill, her mom, and I took a monster 15-bus ride to Nairobi with a 3am stop at the Uganda/Kenya border and started our journey from there. We arrived in Kenya a day early and went to some pretty SWEET places! Here is a glimpse at the elephant orphanage and getting some love from the giraffes at Giraffe Manor:

   




Me, Jill's mom, and Jill right before our trek to the national parks!

Jill and I trying to be artsy as we pull into our first game drive: Amboseli National Park.

Backpackers shot with beautiful Mt. Kilimanjaro in the background!

Just hanging at the hippo pool on one of our game drives!

My favorite shot of the trip. Casual staring contest with a giraffe.




The rest of the pictures are my favorite from the whole trip. I think they really capture (as much as a picture can) the amazing scenery and untouchable earth that I witnessed during these few days. I am still blown away by the beauty of Kenya, the landscape of East Africa, and the creativity of God. He is so GOOD! 







No comments:

Post a Comment